Kinokawa City Full Time ALT Position
This opening is for a full-time position as an assistant language teacher (ALT) in Kinokawa City, Wakayama Prefecture starting September 2019, with the initial contract finishing in on March, 2020. The ALT must visit attend paid training and visit schools in late August. More details to be announced.
The placement will be in Elementary Schools and Junior High Schools across Kinokawa City, where the ALT will assist as a team teacher and help plan English lessons under a schedule created by the Board of Education. As well as teaching English lessons, you may also be asked to participate in other school activities such as clubs, cleaning of the school and cultural festivals.
- Be a native speaker of English, or have acquired an education in English for at least 12 years.
- Completed a University Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in English countries.
- Currently residing in Japan or have plans to come to Japan at your own expense.
- Have a strong interest in Japanese culture and language and be able to connect with Japanese people.
- Have at least one year of ALT English teaching experience at Elementary school and Junior High School in Japan.
- Hold a valid visa status that allows you to live and work in Japan.
Hold a Japanese or International driver’s license
Kinokawa is a semi-rural city located in the north of Wakayama Prefecture. As of October 1, 2016, the city had an estimated population of 61,850 and a population density of 270 persons per km². It is a quiet and placid city surrounded by an abundance of nature, but also in a convenient location to visit bigger cities such as Wakayama City and Osaka City. Famous for fruits and historical locations, Kinokawa City is home to Kokawa Temple (built in 770 AD) one of the largest temples in Wakayama Prefecture.
Wakayama Prefecture Highlights