Kochi High School Full Time ALT Position
This opening is for a full-time position as an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) in Kochi Prefecture starting ASAP, with the initial contract finishing in on March, 2020. This is an EMERGENCY FILL POSITION. More details to be announced.
The placement will be in High Schools across Kochi prefecture, where the ALT will assist as a team teacher and help plan English lessons under a schedule created by the Board of Education. As well as teaching English lessons, you may also be asked to participate in other school activities such as clubs, cleaning of the school and cultural festivals.
- Be a native speaker of English, or have acquired an education in English for at least 12 years.
- Completed a University Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in English countries.
- Currently residing in Japan or have plans to come to Japan at your own expense.
- Have a strong interest in Japanese culture and language and be able to connect with Japanese people.
- Have at least one year of ALT English teaching experience at Elementary school and Junior High School in Japan.
- Hold a valid visa status that allows you to live and work in Japan.
Hold a Japanese or International driver’s license
Where is Kochi Prefecture?
Kochi Prefecture Highlights