Takaishi City Part Time ALT Position
This opening is for a part-time position as an assistant language teacher (ALT) in Takaishi City, Osaka Prefecture starting ASAP (September 25), with the initial contract finishing in February 2019.
The placement will be in two Elementary School in Takaishi City, where the ALT will assist as a team teacher and help plan English lessons under a schedule created by the Board of Education. As well as teaching English lessons, you may also be asked to participate in other school activities such as clubs, cleaning of the school and cultural festivals.
- Be a native speaker of English, or have acquired an education in English for at least 12 years.
- Completed a University Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in English countries.
- Currently residing in Japan or have plans to come to Japan at your own expense.
- Have a strong interest in Japanese culture and language and be able to connect with Japanese people.
- Have at least one year of ALT English teaching experience at Elementary school and Junior High School in Japan.
- Hold a valid visa status that allows you to live and work in Japan.
Takaishi City is an industrial city in the Southern Area of Osaka Prefecture. It is located in a position on the shore of Osaka Bay and is adjacent to Sakai, Izumiotsu and Izumi City. As of October 2016, the city has an estimated population of 56,583 and a population density of 5,000 persons per km². Takaishi is approximately 45 minutes from Umeda Station in central Osaka, and may seem very far south. However, it is only a 25 minute train ride on the Nankai Line to Namba, one of the busiest areas in the Minami area of Osaka.