Uki City Full Time ALT Position
This opening is for a part-time position as an assistant language teacher (ALT) in Uki City, Kumamoto Prefecture starting in November with the initial contract finishing in March 2019.
The placement will be in Junior High Schools in Uki City, where the ALT will assist as a team teacher and help plan English lessons under a schedule created by the Board of Education. As well as teaching English lessons, you may also be asked to participate in other school activities such as clubs, cleaning of the school and cultural festivals.
- Be a native speaker of English, or have acquired an education in English for at least 12 years.
- Completed a University Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in English countries.
- Currently residing in Japan or have plans to come to Japan at your own expense.
- Have a strong interest in Japanese culture and language and be able to connect with Japanese people.
- Have at least one year of ALT English teaching experience at Elementary school and Junior High School in Japan.
- Hold a valid visa status that allows you to live and work in Japan.
Hold a valid Japanse or international driver’s license.
About Uki City
Uki city is located right in the center of Kumamoto prefecture in the Kyushu area of Western Japan. It is easily accessible by train, and 2 hours away from Fukuoka by car. The population is nearly 60 thousand people. Uki city is surrounded by mountains and the sea. There is a World Heritage site of Triangle West port which was established at Meiji era (1887). The quiet port town is full of historical buildings and reminiscent of ancient mystery. There are some famous hot springs as well. A neighboring city to the East, Misato provides natural outdoor activities within the mountains. To the north, Uto City holds the Taiko Drum Collection House filled with the tradition of Taiko. You will find many great views and things around Uki city!
Highlights of Uki City