Iida City Full Time ALT Position
This opening is for a full-time position as an assistant language teacher (ALT) in Iida City, Nagano Prefecture starting October 16 2017, with the initial contract finishing on February 28 2018.
The placement will be in 2 Elementary Schools and 2 Junior High Schools across Iida City, where the ALT will assist as a team teacher and help plan English lessons under a schedule created by the Board of Education.
As well as teaching English lessons, you may also be asked to participate in other school activities such as clubs, cleaning of the school and cultural festivals.
- Be a native speaker of English, or have acquired an education in English for at least 12 years.
- Completed a University Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in English countries.
- Currently residing in Japan or have plans to come to Japan at your own expense.
- Have a strong interest in Japanese culture and language and be able to connect with Japanese people.
- Have at least one year of ALT English teaching experience at Elementary school and Junior High School in Japan.
- Hold a valid visa status that allows you to live and work in Japan.
About Iida City
Iida City (飯田市 Iida-shi) is a city located in southern Nagano Prefecture, in the Chūbu region of Japan. As of 1 October 2016, the city had an estimated population of 101,121 and a population density of 154 persons per km². Iida lies 90 minutes northeast of the major city of Nagoya by car via the Chūō Expressway. The same expressway also provides access to Tokyo, about four hours to the east. The nearest large metropolis to Iida is Nagoya, which is easily accessible by bus (about 2 hours).