Iwakuni City Full Time ALT Position
This opening is for a full-time position as an assistant language teacher (ALT) in Iwakuni City, Yamaguchi Prefecture starting April 2018, with the initial contract finishing at the beginning of March 2019.
Family of Military Personnel stationed in Iwakuni welcomed!!!
The placement will be in Elementary Schools and Junior High Schools across Iwakuni City, where the ALT will assist as a team teacher and help plan English lessons under a schedule created by the Board of Education. As well as teaching English lessons, you may also be asked to participate in other school activities such as clubs, cleaning of the school and cultural festivals.
- Be a native speaker of English, or have acquired an education in English for at least 12 years.
- Completed a University Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in English countries.
- Currently residing in Japan or have plans to come to Japan at your own expense.
- Have a strong interest in Japanese culture and language and be able to connect with Japanese people.
- Have at least one year of ALT English teaching experience at Elementary school and Junior High School in Japan.
Hold a valid visa status that allows you to live and work in Japan. Sponsorship Available!
About Iwakuni City
Iwakuni City is located in Yamaguchi Prefecture in the Chugoku Region of Japan. Formerly a castle town during the Edo period, currently as of August 1, 2016, the city has an estimated population of 137,128 and a population density of 156.95 of persons per km². The city is located on the Hiroshima-side of Yamaguchi Prefecture and bordering the Aki-nada and Seto Island Seas.
A serene area with mountains and ocean, but yet only approximately 45 minutes from a busy transport hub such as Hiroshima City. One of the most famous sightseeing spots in Iwakuni City is the Kintai Bridge, that spans across the Nishiki River. Built in 1673, its five arches are a symbol of western Honshu and a tourist symbol of Iwakuni City.