Onojo City Full Time ALT Position
This opening is for a full-time position as an assistant language teacher (ALT) in Onojo City, Fukuoka Prefecture starting April 2018, with the initial contract finishing at the beginning of March 2019.
The placement will be in Elementary Schools and Junior High Schools across Onojo City, where the ALT will assist as a team teacher and help plan English lessons under a schedule created by the Board of Education. As well as teaching English lessons, you may also be asked to participate in other school activities such as clubs, cleaning of the school and cultural festivals.
- Be a native speaker of English, or have acquired an education in English for at least 12 years.
- Completed a University Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in English countries.
- Currently residing in Japan or have plans to come to Japan at your own expense.
- Have a strong interest in Japanese culture and language and be able to connect with Japanese people.
- Have at least one year of ALT English teaching experience at Elementary school and Junior High School in Japan.
Must have conversational Japanese skills (For elementary school).
- Hold a valid visa status that allows you to live and work in Japan.
About Onojo City
Onojo City is an area located in Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan. Its name is made up of the kanji for ‘big’, ‘field’, and ‘castle’. It is mostly a southern suburb of the city of Fukuoka, and has a border to the northwest with the Hakata-ku area of the city. It also shares borders with Dazaifu and Kasuga, Umi, Chikushino, Nakagawa and Shime. As of September 30, 2016, the city has an estimated population of 99,965 and a population density of 3,717.55 persons per km2. The total area is 26.89 km2.