Osaka City Full Time ALT Position
This opening is for a full-time position as an assistant language teacher (ALT) in Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture starting ASAP with the initial contract finishing at the beginning of March 2018.
The placement will be in High Schools across Osaka City, where the ALT will assist as a team teacher and help plan English lessons under a schedule created by the Board of Education. As well as teaching English lessons, you may also be asked to participate in other school activities such as clubs, cleaning of the school and cultural festivals.
- Be a native speaker of English, or have acquired an education in English for at least 12 years.
- Completed a University Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in English countries.
- Currently residing in Japan or have plans to come to Japan at your own expense.
- Have a strong interest in Japanese culture and language and be able to connect with Japanese people.
- Have at least one year of ALT English teaching experience at Elementary school and Junior High School in Japan.
- Hold a valid visa status that allows you to live and work in Japan.
Osaka is the capital city of Osaka Prefecture and the largest component of the Keihanshin Metropolitan Area, the second largest metropolitan area in Japan and among the largest in the world with over 19 million inhabitants. Situated at the mouth of the Yodo River on Osaka Bay, Osaka is the second largest city in Japan by daytime population after Tokyo’s 23 wards and the third largest city by night time population after Tokyo’s 23 wards and Yokohama, serving as a major economic hub for the country.