Shitara Town Full Time ALT Position
This opening is for a full-time position as an assistant language teacher (ALT) in Shitara Town, Aichi Prefecture starting in April 2018, with the initial contract finishing at the end of March 2019.
The placement will be in Elementary Schools and Junior High Schools across Shitara Town where the ALT will assist as a team teacher and help plan English lessons under a schedule created by the Board of Education. As well as teaching English lessons, you may also be asked to participate in other school activities such as clubs, cleaning of the school and cultural festivals.
- Be a native speaker of English, or have acquired an education in English for at least 12 years.
- Completed a University Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in English countries.
- Have a strong interest in Japanese culture and language and be able to connect with Japanese people.
- Have at least one year of ALT English teaching experience at Elementary school and Junior High School in Japan.
- Hold a valid visa status that allows you to live and work in Japan.
Must have a valid driver’s license and car to drive to schools that are not easily accessible by train.
About Shitara Town
Shitara Town is located in the Kitashitara District in Aichi Prefecture. As of 2010, the town had an estimated population of 5,747. The quiet rural town is on the most northeastern corner of Aichi Prefecture and much of the town’s area is covered by mountains and forest. Portions of the town are within the borders of the Tenryu-Okumikawa Quasi-National Park. In Shitara you can experience outdoor sports like fishing and rowing in the spring, and with the mountains being so close, skiing and snowboarding in the winter.